A couple years back, I outlined how you could get Sitefinity running on an Azure VM. However, with a new dev environment to setup, more advancements in hosting platforms, I went back to see if I could get my Sitefinity site running through the typical Azure App and Database services. Good news is you can and it’s quite simple. Continue reading “Running Sitefinity in Azure Services”
Sometimes progress can be slow, but it is still worth it…
As technology continues to grow more and more in our lives (and family), here are a couple tools that we have really been enjoying as of late: Life360 and Prodigy. Continue reading “Family Tech: Life360 and Prodigy”
We’re moving into a time when most apps need to run on multiple platforms in order to be impactful and effective. I’m working from a MacBook Pro, but will often do quick followups on issues from my iPhone, or even from my Android tablet if I’m really in a bind. Sometimes I just need to borrow a web browser really quick to make sure that a certain task was completed. One of the key things to this however is to have consistent functionality across these platforms. Case in point, the current state of Microsoft Outlook. Continue reading “Technical Note / Rant: Keep Core App Functionality Consistent”
Like most developers, you’re refining your core toolkit based on new tools you find and ones that lose their effectiveness. I’ve updated my developer toolkit page reflecting that, plus adding some new tools (for APIs and Passwords). Give it a peek if you’re interested:
When I upgraded to macOS Sierra about a month ago, I was given a notice that my admin password needed to change, so I went ahead and added a new one. After that, I ran into an odd situation during reboot. I would have to “log in” twice: once with my Apple ID and then with my admin password. While this wasn’t a huge deal, it was a bit annoying and a bit confusing a well.
It turned out that during the upgrade process (or maybe before and I never noticed) that my FileVault encryption password had been tied to my Apple ID account. While this is handy as a means of unlocking the computer, it caused the “double login” because the Apple ID was only working to access drive contents, then you had to login as usual.
To fix it: I disabled FileVault and re-enabled it again, but used a GUID generated key that was tied to the keychain. I made sure to print out the key and put it in a safe place. Now there is no “double login” problems, since the OS can use the keychain and unlock itself.
So this cool thing happened this morning…